LPS Virtual Registration Hub
- Proof of Residence
- Fee Payment
- Free and Reduced Lunch
- ROAR Into School Locations
Parents of returning students must provide the following items annually (if you have completed this process since March 2023, you do not need to show any proofs of residence at Roar Into School Night):
Proofs of Residence: Current MLG&W bill (dated within 30 days of registration date)
- one (1) of the following proofs of residence
- Current Mortgage Statement (dated within 30 days of registration date)
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Additional documents if applicable:
- Parenting Plans/Custody Documents - When applicable, custody papers and parenting plans are required for new or currently enrolled students (must be submitted to the school)
Upload these documents in your Skyward Family Access account.
Student schedules will be made available through Skyward on or before August 1st, 2023. You must login to your Skyward Family Access account to view the schedule.
For Skyward username/password information, please contact the Student Information System Coordinator, Cindy Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For detailed information regarding registration, please visit https://www.lakelandk12.org/departments/student-services/registration.
Bus Rider Information
Click here for a link to look up your bus number. - THIS WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL AUGUST 1ST.
Please enter your student’s grade and exact address using the link above. If your stop doesn’t initially come up, try a different suffix abbreviation.. (For example, for cove, you may have to enter CV or the whole word.) Also, rural street routes may need to be requested.
If you cannot find your bus stop, please stop by the bus table in the auditorium lobby of the high school on Roar Into School Night.
Car Rider Information
For more detailed information as well as arrival and dismissal maps, please click here to view and download a resource document!
Updates for the 23-24 School Year
Arrival and Dismissal: Students in grades 5-7 will need to be dropped off and picked up on the middle school side. All students in grades 8-10 will need to be dropped off and picked up on the high school side. The middle school dismissal route has changed. You will now enter off of Old Brownsville. See the map on the document referenced below.
Everyone who received an LPS car number last year and plans to use that car number this year will need to get a NEW white car line tag. If you were a student at LPS last year, your number will remain the same. If you used the high school entrance last year, that tag has not changed, but you can request a replacement. You can pick up these tags at Roar into School Night or in the LPS High School Office 9:00am-11:00am or 1:00pm-3:00pm, Monday - Thursday, this week.
All 5th graders will receive a new car number. We cannot use your number from LES. Click here to request this car number. If you complete this prior to Roar into School Night, it will help us move faster at the car line table. If you do not pick it up at Roar into School Night, you can pick it up in the LPS High School Office 9:00am-11:00am or 1:00pm-3:00pm, Monday - Thursday, this week.
All new 6th and 7th graders will need to click here to request a car number.
New 8th-10th graders can pick up a tag without needing to request it ahead of time. You can pick up these tags at Roar into School Night or in the LPS High School Office 9:00am-11:00am or 1:00pm-3:00pm Monday - Thursday this week.
All 7th Grade students are required to submit an up-to-date Immunization Record.
Lakeland Preparatory School Immunization Information:
Immunization Exemption Information:
- In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat of an epidemic, the requirement does not apply to any child whose parent or guardian files with school authorities a signed, written statement that the immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent’s or guardian’s religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury;
- A child is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if the child has a written statement from the child’s doctor excusing the child from the immunization;
- A child or youth determined to be homeless is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child or youth has not yet been immunized or is unable to produce immunization records due to being homeless; and
- An immunization is not required if a qualified physician certifies that administration of the immunization would be in any manner harmful to the child involved.
If you would like to drop off medication to the clinic prior to August 7th, please email our nurse, Raina Laessig, at email@example.com to make an appointment to come in.
1. How can I drop off items (supplies, etc.) at the school? Will they get to my child's teacher?
Students in 5th grade may bring larger supplies during Roar into School Night on August 1st from 4 PM - 6 PM.
All other students should bring their supplies during the first week. You do not have to bring everything at once. Larger supplies can be brought in throughout the week.
2. How can I pay fees?
All LPS fees can be paid through Skyward.
3. How will I receive my child's transportation information? Bus #'s?
Bus information is being updated. More information will be shared from the school once everything is updated.
4. How will I find out my child's teacher/schedule?
Student schedules will be available via Skyward by August 1st, 2023.
5. Do I need a car rider number? How will I get this?
Please see the transportation tab above for more information!
6. I need supplies from the school bookstore, how do I purchase these items?
There is not a bookstore on-site at LPS.
7. I am not sure how to set up my Schoology account. What do I do?
Please visit the Technology page of our website for more information. If you still need assistance, reach out to our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Crystal Nolen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What if I do not understand the technology used?
Please be sure to join the Tech Tips group in Parent Square for resources. You may also reach out to our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Crystal Nolen: email@example.com.