We are excited to announce that we adopted a new form of school-to-home communication at Lakeland School System called ParentSquare. ParentSquare will be replacing Remind after May 19, 2023. This unified communications platform is designed to keep parents and guardians informed and encourage greater engagement and connection with the Lakeland School System. It provides a safe way for district administrators, school principals, teachers, staff, and parents to:
- Send and receive school and class information
- Share pictures and files
- See calendar items
- Sign up to volunteer
- Schedule parent-teacher conferences
- and much more . . . all in one centralized place!
Here are some useful resources to help parents as we implement this new service:
- Parents – Getting Started Video – https://bit.ly/parentsquare-overview
- Parent 101 video – https://bit.ly/parentsquare-101
- Parents 101 Training Course (15 minutes) – https://parentsquare.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:132
- Curso de Capacitación para Padres 101 en Español – https://parentsquare.talentlms.com/catalog/info/id:133
After May 19, 2023, all district and school, grade level and individual classroom information will now be sent to your computer or phone via email and/or text. For even more convenience, download the ParentSquare app (available for free for iOS and Android devices).
- When you create your ParentSquare account, use the email address or phone number we have on file for you in Skyward. If you need to change the email address or phone number in Skyward, contact your child’s school.
- Once you enter that information, you will be prompted to claim your account. You will then have to verify it is you by checking your email or getting a text message.
- If your email account is with Google or Microsoft, you can choose to use the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Microsoft” buttons on the login page.
- There will not be much content in there until the start of the school year. More information will be distributed as we near the start of the school year.
Have questions? Click the question mark in the top right corner of the desktop version or the Help tab on the app (tap the triple bar icon at the top left) to find answers to most of your questions.